Avoid Plumbing Emergencies & Plumbing Repairs
- Know the location of your main water shut-off valve before a plumbing emergency. If you have old turn style shut-off valves, consider installing ball valve style shut-off valves to make plumbing repairs easiler.
- Turn off your washing machine shut-off valves when not in use. Consider installing stainless steel washing machine hoses, single lever shut-off valves and water detector alarms.
- Consider turning off all water in house when going on vacation and installing flood detector alarm to alert a neighbor of heater failure in winter.
- Check the age of your hot water heater. Heaters usually last approximately 10 to 12 years.
- When installing a new hot water heater, consider installing a water heater drain pan and water alarm.
- Turn off all outside faucets in the winter and drain if possible.
- Carbon monoxide detectors should be installed near fuel burning heating equipment.
- Test for leaking toilets with a few drops of food coloring in toilet tanks.
- If your water has a foul taste or odor, contact us for testing.
- Replace 6-year old or older sump pumps before they fail.
- Install battery backup or water backup sump pumps in the advent of power failures.
- Dryer exhaust vents can cause major fires in the home. Dryer vents should be cleaned at least twice a year.
Please note that Diliberto Plumbing cannot be held responsible for these tips or any actions not taken by a trained Diliberto technician.